Deadgrass Hi-Top by Colchester Rubber
Original 1892 National Treasure Sneaker
These shoes are faithful replicas of the first basketball sneakers invented in 1892 that were rediscovered in 2004 at an estate sale in Vista, Calif., with the same 5" high-top design, brown canvas uppers, turkey feather sole pattern, and Colchester Rubber Co. crest that are the hallmarks of the originals.
Made from vulcanized rubber and canvas, the original sneakers were the first of their kind that protected feet while running, jumping, and pivoting on gymnasium floors. Updated for contemporary casual wear, the shoes have a built-in arch, cushioned insole, and metal eyelets.
- Original Dead Grass colored Canvas with White Stitching
- Original 1892 Turkey Feather Design Rubber Sole and Colchester Logo
- Design Unchanged For The Past 128 Years
- Limited Stock
- Upgraded for durability! Texture and Hue may vary slightly
- Sizing - Similar in size to other popular vintage basketball sneakers. For half sizing, please size up. Run approximately 0.5 size larger than modern US standard sizing.